The Christian Bookselling Association of Australia Incorporated is an association of those who are engaged in the publishing and distribution of Christian literature as defined in the Constitution of the Association. We believe that this is one of the most effective means of communicating God’s message and recognise that the Association is a vital link in bringing Christian literature to individuals, local Churches and the local community. We hereby determine to govern our individual businesses as follows:
1. To maintain ethical standards to the end that we will be more capable of serving our customers in a manner which will reflect credit on the association;
2. To recognise fully that ours is a community service and thus to provide necessary, proper and required services to our customers, and, in that respect to place service to the trade above individual gains;
3. To avoid the defamation of competitors by falsely imputing to them dishonourable conduct or by other false representations which mislead customers and or suppliers and affect the business of competitors;
4. To avoid unethical practices prejudicial to the interests of members;
5. To avoid wilfully enticing away the employees of a competitor thus injuring or embarrassing them in their business;
6. To establish and maintain good relationships at all levels within the Association;
7. To support the Association, its policies and programmes and to participate in its activities.